2016

I've kept this blog, on and off, since 2006. In 2015 I used it to chart daily encounters, images, thoughts and feelings about volcanic basalt/bluestone in Melbourne and Victoria, especially in the first part of the year. I plan to write a book provisionally titled Bluestone: An Emotional History, about human uses of and feelings for bluestone. But I am also working on quite a few other projects and a big grant application, especially now I am on research leave. I'm working mostly from home, then, for six months, and will need online sociability for company!


Monday, July 16, 2007

It's very hard on a cat

... when the builders and their apprentices and their power tools and their compressor and their radios arrive sometimes as early as 7.00, and when there are very few warm and cosy places to sleep in the house during the day. But there are compensations, such as a sunny afternoon on a quiet weekend in a pile of insulation.

4 comments:

Kerryn Goldsworthy said...

I seem to remember her making herself very comfortable on your special pregnancy pillow -- and Joel is, what, 13? I think I even have the photo somewhere.

Seems only yesterday she was a tiny kitten on my shoulder at the Christmas party, playing with my jingle-bells earrings.

This old world is a new world said...

Close! Joel is 13 next March; and Mima is 16 this coming spring. Not so very sprightly these days, but in excellent health; and able to chase leaves around the garden on windy days. Also enjoys drinking goldfish-flavoured water from the ponds... And Joel's is often the lap of choice, these days.

Zoe said...

'bout time there were some cat snaps here.

IM IN UR INSULASHUN

INSHULATIN MYSLF

This old world is a new world said...

Zoe, I'm going to take that as a challenge. Watch this space...