2016

I've kept this blog, on and off, since 2006. In 2015 I used it to chart daily encounters, images, thoughts and feelings about volcanic basalt/bluestone in Melbourne and Victoria, especially in the first part of the year. I plan to write a book provisionally titled Bluestone: An Emotional History, about human uses of and feelings for bluestone. But I am also working on quite a few other projects and a big grant application, especially now I am on research leave. I'm working mostly from home, then, for six months, and will need online sociability for company!


Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sorry Day Pictures

I charged my camera battery up for Sorry Day, but forgot to put it back in the camera. Paul took his, though; so here are some pics of Melbourne at its most serious. It was an unusually grey day for the middle of summer.



You can see the strain and concentration on people's faces, as they furrowed their brows and held their faces in their hands, or put a hand out to touch one other.
















This is how we applauded, just modestly and quietly.




And this is how we saw ourselves being filmed watching the crowds in Canberra.

No comments: