2016

I've kept this blog, on and off, since 2006. In 2015 I used it to chart daily encounters, images, thoughts and feelings about volcanic basalt/bluestone in Melbourne and Victoria, especially in the first part of the year. I plan to write a book provisionally titled Bluestone: An Emotional History, about human uses of and feelings for bluestone. But I am also working on quite a few other projects and a big grant application, especially now I am on research leave. I'm working mostly from home, then, for six months, and will need online sociability for company!


Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My clever graduate students

.. have wonderful blogs. I have links to two already in place; and here are two new ones.

One is a craft blog demonstrating that there is a wonderful life of social activity and artistic endeavour beyond the world of the thesis; the other is an away-from-home journal by a former student working in a small European town. A beautiful example of writerly blogging.

2 comments:

heroverthere said...

Ooh la la! Thanks so much for this, very glad you're enjoying it. It's a lot of fun to write, and probably keeps me from lurching onto the slippery slope that is alcohol dependency ... kidding! No seriously, all good here, as you said, it's a bit 'as expected' but not necessarily in a bad way - you know how kids can entertain themselves for hours with a cardboard box? It's like that. Kind of.

Anonymous said...

I agree, entirely, that heroverthere's writing is something to be treasured. Kudos to her small European town if it supplies inspiration (or even just big chunks of time) to her talent.

Thanks from me, too, Stephanie. A place on your excellent blog of medieval 'making stuff'! My statsmeter can die happy now ...