2016

I've kept this blog, on and off, since 2006. In 2015 I used it to chart daily encounters, images, thoughts and feelings about volcanic basalt/bluestone in Melbourne and Victoria, especially in the first part of the year. I plan to write a book provisionally titled Bluestone: An Emotional History, about human uses of and feelings for bluestone. But I am also working on quite a few other projects and a big grant application, especially now I am on research leave. I'm working mostly from home, then, for six months, and will need online sociability for company!


Tuesday, June 10, 2008

This is how you make stuff

Check this out: a card made by one of my students in the Medievalism class, who is not deficient in the designer's gene: the day they are handing in their essays, no less. In addition to the real ribbon tied on the bottom, it's complete with picture from the blog, and Marion and Belle from our Robin Hood and fairy-tale lectures. I discreetly won't mention her name, but thanks so much. You know who you are!!

2 comments:

heroverthere said...

Hi Stephanie, guess who?! Remember when I said I was having issues with Blogger? Apparently it just wanted me to be one ... I was actually going to tell you when I worked out how to do my links, but still haven't quite managed that one yet! Huge congrats on the teaching prize, very, very exciting. Would love to hear from you, and for you to check out the beast... be warned, it does *occasionally* err on the side of the superficial, so if it makes you think less of me, for god's sake, stop reading! Email you soon ...

This old world is a new world said...

Great to find you! Brilliant blog! Beautiful writing, as always!

I'm just putting up a link to you now... love, S