2016

I've kept this blog, on and off, since 2006. In 2015 I used it to chart daily encounters, images, thoughts and feelings about volcanic basalt/bluestone in Melbourne and Victoria, especially in the first part of the year. I plan to write a book provisionally titled Bluestone: An Emotional History, about human uses of and feelings for bluestone. But I am also working on quite a few other projects and a big grant application, especially now I am on research leave. I'm working mostly from home, then, for six months, and will need online sociability for company!


Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Censorship



Today is Amnesty International's online day of protest about censorship and human rights in China. For more information, go here.

Imagine what it would be like not to have the freedom most of us enjoy, to write and respond and read our blogs at will.

No comments: