2016

I've kept this blog, on and off, since 2006. In 2015 I used it to chart daily encounters, images, thoughts and feelings about volcanic basalt/bluestone in Melbourne and Victoria, especially in the first part of the year. I plan to write a book provisionally titled Bluestone: An Emotional History, about human uses of and feelings for bluestone. But I am also working on quite a few other projects and a big grant application, especially now I am on research leave. I'm working mostly from home, then, for six months, and will need online sociability for company!


Sunday, August 17, 2008

Australia, Slovakia, Mongolia

Just in case you were thinking it'd be interesting to compare national Olympic performances relative to population, go here. Oh look! Australia's on top.

This doesn't stop Australians at home being completely ungracious and ugly about our swimmers winning silver medals or not qualifying for the athletics finals. Gosh we can be mean sometimes. Disgraceful!

[Update: OK, we're not on top anymore. That's fine: it's still a really interesting list...]

No comments: