2016

I've kept this blog, on and off, since 2006. In 2015 I used it to chart daily encounters, images, thoughts and feelings about volcanic basalt/bluestone in Melbourne and Victoria, especially in the first part of the year. I plan to write a book provisionally titled Bluestone: An Emotional History, about human uses of and feelings for bluestone. But I am also working on quite a few other projects and a big grant application, especially now I am on research leave. I'm working mostly from home, then, for six months, and will need online sociability for company!


Thursday, January 29, 2009

Woman returns to work after 25 years

Kate just sent me this as an email attachment. Naturally, I couldn't open it, but I found it on YouTube. As Kate said, anyone under 40 probably won't get it...

3 comments:

Kerryn Goldsworthy said...

That's just lovely.

I hope you aren't suffering any ill-effects from yesterday. I just went outside very briefly and could actually feel the skin on my arms and face burning.

This old world is a new world said...

Neat, hey?

I'm currently at work with a fan I can't turn up beyond "lo" without it shorting; with a first-ever heat warning from the Health and Safety office; and with what I think might be slightly burned feet from my sortie out at lunchtime wearing only thin leather sandals. Ouch! Not looking forward to the ride home against the northerly wind.

Loved your gecko photo, too, by the way...

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. I was just saying the other night, though, that I can't believe typing lessons haven't been re-introduced to schools. For everyone this time, not just the girls who aren't good at maths. It seems to me if ever we need keyboard skills it's now.

(actually, I said 'I can't believe schools don't teach them to type' in a very 'I blame the government' kind of way, and then I laughed at myself)