I've kept this blog, on and off, since 2006. In 2015 I am also using it to chart daily encounters, images, thoughts and feelings about volcanic basalt/bluestone in Melbourne and Victoria. I plan to write a book provisionally titled Bluestone: An Emotional History, about human uses of and feelings for bluestone.
Suggestions welcome!

Monday, June 15, 2009

In which I sing the Magic Flute

A Saturday afternoon in the BMW Edge theatre at Federation Square. Wintry light, the river, and blue-grey clouds visible through the glass walls that surround the stage. And inside, I'm singing The Magic Flute with Victorian Opera's Richard Gill. And it was just like this.


Pavlov's Cat said...


Stephanie Trigg said...

Yes! You would absolutely adore it. Next time I'm going to make sure you know in advance so you can schedule a visit. Messiah in December?

Pavlov's Cat said...

Which reminds me that to my horror I realised yesterday that I still owe you an email and yes a visit to Adders in the coming months would be wonderful -- I will write said email in a minute!