2016

I've kept this blog, on and off, since 2006. In 2015 I used it to chart daily encounters, images, thoughts and feelings about volcanic basalt/bluestone in Melbourne and Victoria, especially in the first part of the year. I plan to write a book provisionally titled Bluestone: An Emotional History, about human uses of and feelings for bluestone. But I am also working on quite a few other projects and a big grant application, especially now I am on research leave. I'm working mostly from home, then, for six months, and will need online sociability for company!


Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Advertising spam

I'm getting a bit of junk coming through my comments box lately. Something to do, perhaps, with the mention of cancer sending out a kind of alert to all the many websites selling pain relief or alternative cures....  I'm not ready to change my policy on comments, yet, but if you see traces of comments that have deleted by the blog administrator, it's because they are of the generic "I like this post and thought I'd leave a comment but don't know what to say" variety, usually featuring a link to a website that says if you take a special vitamin supplement you won't get cancer. Nothing more sinister than that; but nothing conducive to the friendly interchange of ideas and thoughts amongst human beings, either.

2 comments:

elsewhere said...

I get a lot from websites advertising Russian brides. Maybe they think there's a market in central Australia.

This old world is a new world said...

*Is* there a market? I mean: do you see many Russian brides?