- a referral for a chest x-ray, as it seems as if my rib is cracked, not just bruised;
- a prescription, plus repeat, for top-strength anti-biotics since the lingering cough turns out to be bronchitis;
- instructions for lung-clearing exercises that promise to be so painful (see cracked rib, above) I have to take paracetamol before I start them;
- disprin to start thinning my blood before the flight to Italy, to counter the greater risk of DVT with a lung infection; and
- a warning that if I don't get better soon I should think about cancelling my trip.
I've just dropped Joel at Trinity College for a week-long residential jazz intensive, being run by five members of the Juilliard Jazz programme. Yes. That Juilliard. So many excited teenagers running around looking for practice spaces to start jamming, before sessions start tomorrow. Can't wait for the Friday night end-of-course concert.